If you want to use USB drives for your next marketing campaign, you might want to know about these customization options for USB drives. Learn how you can design this promotional giveaway to proudly display your branding in this post.
In this article:
Ways to Customize Custom USBs for Your Brand
Printing Options for Customized USBs
The first customization option you’ll encounter deals with how your logo and branding will be displayed on the USB drive. There are multiple printing types available for branded USB drives you can choose from.
1. Laser Engraving
One of the more popular printing types for USB drives is laser engraving. In laser engraving, manufacturers use lasers to carve through a material to create an image.
This type of printing method is typically used for more fragile materials. When it comes to promotional USBs laser engraving can be used to print a sleek, stylish design on an acrylic USB or a wooden USB.
2. Silk Screen Printing
Another popular printing choice is Silk Screen Printing. Although a lot of people may associate it with shirts, you can also use this method to print on USB drives.
If you’re going for a more monochrome or solid-color look and a simple logo, silk screen printing is the way to go. However, if you’re going to print gradients or detailed images, full-color printing is still a better option to capture everything in full resolution.
However, the colors you can use are limited. At most, you can only print up to three colors on it, so do keep this in mind.
3. Digital Customization Printing
Last but not least, you have digital printing. With this method, you can have a full-color piece printed on your USB drives.
This customization option for printing is recommended for USB drives with a broader printing space, such as card-type USBs, so you can make the most out of it. This is the perfect printing method for more complex logos and images.
Options for Materials in Custom USB Drives
Another way you can customize your USB drives is through the material it’s made out of. Here are the different materials you can choose from and what kind of brand personality they can convey.
Environmentally-conscious companies would probably appreciate that there are wooden USBs made from wood sourced from responsibly-managed forests. If your brand has a green corporate image, this can be the perfect promotional item for you.
The most common material for USB drives are those made of metal. Different types of metals are in a USB drive, usually aluminum or something similar.
Metal USBs may be made from the same materials, but they vary in style. This can range from regular USB shapes that just have different types of connector covers, such as the classic USB or the swivel USB, and those with a more unusual shape, such as the alloy USB card.
Last but not least, there are USB drives made from acrylic, which gives them a crystal-like appearance. With this type of USB drive, your customization can make it much more appealing and classy in appearance.
Silicon is material that you would find most often in uniquely shaped USBs. In particular, you’ll find it in USB Wristbands.
Custom USB Shapes
USB drives come in all shapes and sizes. This variety is one of the many ways that you can try customization for this device.
Below are the three types of custom USB shapes that you can choose from and their subsequent examples.
8. Standard USB Shapes
This USB shape is the most usual shape type, which comes in a box-like form. Aside from that, it usually has a lid to cover the USB connector.
- Classic USB: The Classic USB is one that comes with a separate lid. Occasionally, you can find it with a ring on the bottom so you can attach a keychain on it.
- Swivel USB: The Swivel USB comes with a shape similar to the Classic design. However, the difference is that the lid isn’t separate and swivels over the USB connector, hence the name.
- Metal Mini USB Drives: Although it’s less common, the shape of a Metal Mini USB Drive is similar to the two previous ones. However, it doesn’t have a lid, and the bottom part of the body has a circular hole suitable for keychains.
9. Wearable USBs
There are two main types of USBs that come in a wearable form.
- USB Lanyard: The USB Lanyard is a lanyard which you can use for IDs and more. The only difference is that the buckle part in the lanyard has a USB drive in it.
- USB Wristband: On the other hand, the USB Wristband is something that you would wear on the wrist. It comes in multiple colors and consists of silicon.
10. USB Cards
Card-type USBs are the slimmest among the bunch, which makes them one of the most compact.
- Wafer USB Cards/USB Wallet Cards: These are two very similar types of USB Cards. They have a vast space for logo printing and are easy to carry in wallets.
- Alloy USB Cards: Alloy USB Cards are a type of USB card whose only difference is that it has a metallic finish. This finish can make it appear much classier than other USB cards.
11. Uniquely-Shaped USB Drives Customization
Last but not least, there are USB drives that come in unique shapes you can’t put in a single category. Thus, they can be defined collectively as uniquely-shaped USB drives for customization.
There are a variety of unique shapes for USB drives, but here are some of the more common ones that you can find.
When choosing what unique USB drive shape to use for your business, it’s best that you decide based on your industry. This way, you can have a useful promotional item for your marketing campaign.
There are many customization options for your USB drive, so it’s vital you check which ones are right for your marketing campaign. Collaborate with your supplier so you can get exactly what you want when it comes to your custom USB.
Which customization option do you want for your USB drive? Comment down below to let us know!