If used correctly, USB flash drives can be a great part of one’s sales promotion strategy. Here’s how you can use them to your business’ benefit.
In this article:
- Brand Your USB Flash Drives
- Plan a Giveaway Using Flash Drives
- Load It with Coupons For Your Products
- Make It A Local Travel Package
- Save Exclusive Pieces of Content To Pique Your Clients’ Interests
- Use It As a Free Digital Portfolio That Comes with Signing up with Your Business
- Thank Event Attendees, Employees, or Students
How to Use USB Flash Drives in a Sales Promotion Strategy
1. Brand Your USB Flash Drives
Distributing branded USB flash drives is a great way of marketing your business’ name, making your brand known to the public. It increases awareness of your brand and creates brand loyalty, which is a must in today’s highly competitive market.
Recipients of your branded USB are likely to use the product over and over again. Every time they use it, they will see your brand, increasing the likelihood of them recalling your business first should they need your products and services.
Additionally, with the numerous types of USB storage devices, people often hang these flash drives on IDs, bags, or wallets. This allows not only the owner of the flash drive to see it, but other people as well.
Branded USB flash drives work as a low cost, portable, and walking advertisement for your business. This is a great way to drive your sales up.
2. Plan a Giveaway Using Flash Drives
Nothing attracts customers more than the word “free.” You can use these branded USB flash drives as a freebie when customers purchase your products.
Using branded flash drives as giveaways at events is an efficient and effective sales promotion strategy. For example, you can use it to store a copy of your presentation if you are speaking at an event.
It allows your audiences to revisit your presentation should they need it in the future. It can also be used as source material, especially when shared with prospects who might have missed your presentation.
This gives your clients a sort of “portable menu” of all your products and services that they can view at any given time.
3. Load It with Coupons For Your Products
You can also load USB drives with digital or printable coupons and bring it to the next trade show your business will be attending as part of your sales promotion strategy. This is a great way to generate leads from an event as it also encourages them to buy your products.
Paper coupons are easily lost among other paper products (e.g. flyers) during trade shows. A digital coupon is a great way of making sure that the coupon remains safe with the attendee who received your flash drive.
4. Make It A Local Travel Package
This is especially effective for events held out of town. A flash drive loaded with a local tourist guide given upon purchase can serve as a nice freebie and incentive to persuade people to buy from you.
Add a map, some suggestions on where to eat, as well as the places to visit around the area where your event will take place. This helps them feel more comfortable and at home.
You can also partner with other non-competitor businesses in the area so they can give you discount coupons to pre-load in the flash drives. This makes your product more attractive to customers especially when bundled with a USB flash drive loaded with these.
This is a great giveaway especially when handed out during the start of the event. Better yet, bundle it with a purchase or availment of your products and services to encourage the customers to buy from you.
5. Save Exclusive Pieces of Content To Pique Your Clients’ Interests
USB drives can be a great part of your sales promotion strategy as you can use them to store exclusive pieces of content. This may include anything from sneak peeks of a book, a video clip, or a speech.
Another thing that encourages clients to purchase your products is a “free taste,” which is exactly what this is. They give the customers a look into what you have to offer, keeping them interested in your business.
6. Use It As a Free Digital Portfolio That Comes with Signing up with Your Business
You can also turn the USB flash drive into a sort of digital portfolio of your business then bundle it as a freebie for those who sign up with your company.
- You can add copies of your business card, links to your website, and sample works, which makes it easier for customers to access your organization’s contact info.
- In doing this, you allow your email addresses, social links, and the link to remain accessible to the client while also giving them a physical item to remember you by. This is a boost to your business’ networking and marketing strategy.
- You can also fill it with information about the industry. As much as possible, include data like industry statistics, facts, history, and keywords that answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the industry. This shows potential customers that you have a strong grasp on the industry you are in.
This is a great sales promotion strategy, especially for B2B marketing. It offers potential customers who are new to the industry a lot of fresh information about the business they are getting into. It also helps them make educated purchasing decisions.
7. Thank Event Attendees, Employees, or Students
You can also use flash drives as a way to thank those who attended your event, conference or presentation.
Flash drives can be loaded with thank you letters, GIFs, or pictures they can view upon using the flash drive. You can pre-load the flash drive with coupons that entitle those who attended your event to an item that comes with any purchase they make after. In this way, you remain in their minds even after the event, and they’ll still have an incentive to buy from you.
This is a great way for attendees of your event to remember your business and your presentation for longer. It opens a new line of communication with the leads generated from the event and is a great way of building strong and long-term relationships with your customers.
USB flash drives, if used in the right way, can be a great marketing tool essential for any sales promotion marketing strategy. It helps drive your sales up as it increases awareness for your business, encourages client interaction, and promote customer and brand loyalty.
Do you have other ideas about how to use USB flash drives in your sales promotion strategy? Share them with us in the comments section below!