A credit card USB is one of the more unique promotional flash drives out there, and might just be what you need to promote your brand or business. Read on to find out if it’s the right one for you.
RELATED: How To Make Unique Business Cards
In this article:
- What is a Credit Card USB Drive?
- Who Should Use It?
- How Do You Use a Credit Card USB Flash Drive?
- How Much Storage Capacity Does It Have?
- What Should You Look For in a Credit Card USB?
- What Are the Disadvantages of a USB Credit Card?
- What Are the Advantages of a Promotional Credit Card USB Drive?
- Where Can You Get One?
Everything You Need to Know About A USB Credit Card
What is a Credit Card USB Drive?
A credit card USB looks exactly like what it sounds like. It’s a slim, credit card-shaped USB with a foldable connector.
It has two sides that can be printed with full-color images. And, since it emulates a credit card, this USB can also easily fit in one’s wallet or purse.
Who Should Use It?
There is no hard and fast rule on when you should use a credit card USB. It really depends on how the business can make the most of its specs and features. Here are some examples of how to utilize USB credit cards in a promotional strategy:
Those who are looking for a new promotional item for an event giveaway will find that a credit card USB is an excellent choice. It’s useful, reusable, and attractive, which makes it appealing to event goers. It also has two large printing spaces to display your branding.
Second, if you’re professional who wants to make an impact when introducing yourself during to clients or during networking events, then you should also consider having one of these.
- If you print your name or branding on the card and give it away as a business card of sorts, then you’re sure to make an impact on people. Plus, you won’t be hard to forget because they are likely to keep the card.
- Also, don’t forget that it’s still a file storage device, so you can keep a copy of your portfolio and other important files in the USB.
- This is especially useful for people in the creative industry, such as photographers and graphic designers, to show off their best work. Bloggers and web designers can also go for USBs that are fitted with WebKey, which would automatically open their website once the device is plugged in.
How Do You Use a Credit Card USB Flash Drive?
There’s not much mystery to using one. All you need to do is use one just like you would a regular USB drive.
To access the connector, simply unfold the part of the card surface where the connector is located. Then, plug it in the computer like a normal flash drive.
Plug it into the right port or use an adapter if the ports don’t match, and your card should work.
How Much Storage Capacity Does It Have?
As of the moment, you’ll have a hard time finding any one of these that has a storage capacity more than 32 Gigabytes (GB), let along a terabyte. The average and most common storage capacity for these drives are around 16GB.
Here at Promotional Drives, we offer card-type USBs ranging from 512MB up to 32GB. You may also opt to turn your drive into a WebKey, which automatically launches your website once the USB is plugged into a computer.
What Should You Look For in a Credit Card USB?
Here’s a guide to some of the features of a credit card USB you should look into when considering one:
- Slim Size: The main selling point of a credit card USB is its compact size. They can be as thin as 2 mm.
- Storage Capacity: You should look for the storage capacity that best fits your needs if you’re pre-loading it with your files.
- Durability: Given the fact that the device is quite slim, you might have concerns over its durability. Check online reviews to better discern the strength of the USB card before purchasing.
- Customizability: Last but not least, you should look into whether your provider has a customization service. The ample space on the card offers a bigger canvas for you, so it’s good to make use of that space.
What Are the Disadvantages of a USB Credit Card?
Much like any flash drive, a USB credit card can be affected by the problems that a flash drive gets. The most significant issue it can face is data loss or corruption, which can be due to many reasons.
- You can lose data after someone accidentally deletes the data. However, there can be measures set in place to prevent accidental erasure, especially for important files.
- A power loss can also lead to lost data.
- Mishandling the USB drive itself can also lead to data loss or corruption.
Thus, it’s ideal to keep backups and make it a habit to eject your USB correctly. Even though there are data recovery options out there, it’s still best that you prevent it from happening in the first place.
What Are the Advantages of a Promotional Credit Card USB Drive?
There are many advantages to using a Credit Card USB Drive as a promotional item.
- Portable — Its slim size and credit card-like shape makes it easy to carry around in your wallet or your pocket.
- Unique — At a trade show or other events where you’re promoting your business, you’ll be competing against a lot of free giveaways. With a Credit Card USB Drive, you’re sure to stand out from the rest of the other promotional items.
- Useful — A lot of common promotional items get thrown away or forgotten due to their lack of usefulness or reusability. With a USB drive shaped like a card, you can not only promote your brand, but its value makes it so that they are likely to keep it with them for a long time.
- Repeated Brand Exposure — Speaking of brand promotion, the reusability of the item means that your brand imprinted on the card will receive repeated exposure to the public.
- Affordable — Contrary to what one might believe, a promotional card USB is quite affordable. Also, if you order it in bulk, you are likely to get them for much cheaper.
- Customizable — Given the vast space available on the card, you’ll literally have lots of space to promote your business.
Where Can You Get One?
If you’re looking for a card USB provider, look no further because we offer three card-type USBs — USB wallet cards, Wafer USB card, and Alloy USB Card. We offer free shipping and fast delivery for all USB cards.
We hope this article has helped you learn everything you need to know about credit card USBs. From storage capacity to advantages and disadvantages, all of the information above should make it easier for you to identify whether this is the promotional item for your business.
What other questions do you have about credit card USBs? Let us know in the comments section below!