Business promotional items can either be a hit or a miss during events. Here are some ideas for promotional swag you can use for your next event.
Business Promotional Items That Are Perfect For Events
1. USB Flash Drives
Flash drives are quintessential promotional products for a reason — they’re extremely useful and versatile. Aside from providing a medium to store and distribute content, flash drives can be customized in a number of ways depending on which one you choose. Here are some ideas to showcase your brand using USB drives at your next event:
- Use USB Wallet Cards as giveaways to remind people of their time at the event. It offers a large surface area where you can have the event logo printed, along with the details of the event.
- Giving out name tags to your attendees? Attach them to custom lanyards. You can even personalize the lanyard to display details about your event.
These days, travel mugs, tumblers, and reusable water bottles are all the rage as people become more eco-conscious. You can ride this trend by giving away branded drinkware at your events. Here are some ideas to consider that involve this type of item:
- If you’re involved in the fitness industry, you should consider giving away sports bottles and fruit-infuser bottles. These items are a nod to your customers’ active lifestyle and will prove functional when they work out. The advantage for you? Just imagine how many pairs of eyes will see your branding at the gym or wherever the recipient goes running.
- Thermal flasks, travel mugs, and tumblers are a great giveaway for whatever event you may have because they cater to a large audience. These certainly beat your ordinary mugs, which usually just stay at home. Just imagine a traveling ad for you whenever your customer goes for a coffee run.
Pens are another classic promotional item that never gets old, especially at conferences, trade shows, and other industry networking events where they’ll be especially useful. It doesn’t offer much space to customize, but what it lacks in size, it makes up in functionality. The truth of the matter — everybody will need a pen at one point or another. Make your pen even more valuable by upgrading it to a USB pen, which reveals a USB drive when you remove the cap.
4. Power Banks
Another functional techie promo product, the power bank is undoubtedly a necessity these days. Depending on which type you choose, the imprinting space differs, but whichever you choose, you’ll be assured that this is one promotional item that will always be in use. You can even consider bundling them up with charging cables to create a mobile charging kit that anyone will appreciate.
5. Apparel and Accessories
Branded apparel and accessories have been a staple in brand marketing for many years. The danger with these items, though, is that if they’re not well-designed or relevant to the customer, they’re rarely worn more than once or outside the house.
The trick here is to find something that is both unique and doesn’t compromise style and quality for the sake of branding. Here are some ideas for branded apparel and accessories to consider for your next event:
- If you’re having a company event, give away shirts, caps, and other accessories. Just imagine how nice it would be to have a big group photo with all of the employees showing their love for the company. Be sure to choose items that make sense to your event. For example, go for activewear or jerseys if you’re having a sports day. If it’s a company getaway in a cabin somewhere, consider getting the attendees outerwear.
- Accessories like USB wristbands and baller bands are a stylishly subtle way to represent a brand. They’re also a great small item to include inside swag bags.
6. Travel Items and Accessories
Travel items, from bigger items such as luggage and bags, to smaller ones like passport holders and travel adapters, are a great way to market a brand. Whether your event attendees are jet-setters or traveling salespeople, these items are a great way to get your brand out into the world.
Umbrellas are another mainstay when it comes to promotional products given away during events. Even in this digital day and age, we can’t escape the elements. Umbrellas can certainly save the day for the recipient and give your brand a chance to be seen out there. In terms of imprinting space, umbrellas certainly offer a lot of space to stamp your brand onto.
8. Outdoor Accessories
Whether your event will be held on the beach or you’re just marketing to an outdoorsy crowd, outdoor accessories such as coolers and beach chairs are certainly a great way to get their attention. These offer a large space to print your branding on and will surely reach a lot of places, thus increasing the potential for brand awareness for your company. Other outdoor promotional items you can consider include smaller items like flashlights and multi-tools.
9. Displays, Signs, and Table Covers
If you’re exhibiting at trade shows, conferences, or fundraisers, displays, signs, and table covers are pretty much a sure purchase for you. While these are not items that the attendees can take home, you can definitely still stand out in their minds with how you choose to display your branding with these items. Be sure to have consistency with your design so your branding comes across and doesn’t confuse attendees.
Want to learn more strategies? Watch this video from Positive Revolution about Innovative Marketing Ideas:
When choosing promo items for events, be sure to strike a balance between marketing your brand and the item’s functionality. Avoid wasting your time and budget on things that people will throw away by planning which items they’ll respond to and actually use. We hope you’ve gotten ideas for business promotional items you can use at your next event. If you’d like to integrate USB drives into your promotional product strategy, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Which business promotional item are you planning to use at your next event? Let us know in the comments section below.